Chocolate Waffles A La Mode
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1 1⁄2|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Milk chocolate||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chocolate ice cream||1 Quart|
|Chopped nuts||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare a double boiler by setting a saucepan of water on a medium flame and bringing the water to a simmer.
2. Place butter and chocolate pieced in a basin that will fit on top of the saucepan of simmering water, without the base coming in contact with the water.
3. Allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally until you get a smooth velvety sauce.
4. Take the basin off the boiler and set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
6. When the chocolate mixture has slightly cooled, add beaten eggs and chocolate milk and whisk until smooth and well blended.
7. Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and fold in to form a smooth batter.
8. Heat a waffle iron.
9. Pour batter into the iron and bake waffles for 7 to 10 minutes until crisp.
10. Serve the chocolate waffles hot.
11. They taste wonderful when served with ice cream , fresh fruit and or syrup.
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 19 g95.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.3 mg42.8%
Sodium 413.8 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 50.2 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 30.8% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet