Chocolate Waffles A La Mode
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1 1⁄2|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Milk chocolate||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chocolate ice cream||1 Quart|
|Chopped nuts||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare a double boiler by setting a saucepan of water on a medium flame and bringing the water to a simmer.
2. Place butter and chocolate pieced in a basin that will fit on top of the saucepan of simmering water, without the base coming in contact with the water.
3. Allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally until you get a smooth velvety sauce.
4. Take the basin off the boiler and set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
6. When the chocolate mixture has slightly cooled, add beaten eggs and chocolate milk and whisk until smooth and well blended.
7. Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and fold in to form a smooth batter.
8. Heat a waffle iron.
9. Pour batter into the iron and bake waffles for 7 to 10 minutes until crisp.
10. Serve the chocolate waffles hot.
11. They taste wonderful when served with ice cream , fresh fruit and or syrup.