|Unblanched almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place almonds in a food chopper and powder with a coarse blade followed by finest blade.
3. Take a mixing bowl. Sieve baking powder and flour, add sugar and almonds.
4. Using two knives or a pastry blender cut in butter to cornmeal consistency.
5. Add egg and blend thoroughly.
6. Halve the dough and roll each portion as a 8” X 10 inch rectangle with ¼ inch thickness.
7. Take ungreased baking, arrange the rectangles and bake for about 20 minutes or till have a slight brown color.
8. Loosen the layers, individually, when hot.
9. Top one with jam and put the other above the jam spread.
10. Using a knife, cut as 2 inch squares and sprinkle confectioners' sugar.
11. Serve as squares.