|Unblanched almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place almonds in a food chopper and powder with a coarse blade followed by finest blade.
3. Take a mixing bowl. Sieve baking powder and flour, add sugar and almonds.
4. Using two knives or a pastry blender cut in butter to cornmeal consistency.
5. Add egg and blend thoroughly.
6. Halve the dough and roll each portion as a 8” X 10 inch rectangle with ¼ inch thickness.
7. Take ungreased baking, arrange the rectangles and bake for about 20 minutes or till have a slight brown color.
8. Loosen the layers, individually, when hot.
9. Top one with jam and put the other above the jam spread.
10. Using a knife, cut as 2 inch squares and sprinkle confectioners' sugar.
11. Serve as squares.
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.4%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.3 mg37.8%
Sodium 80.4 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 43.5 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet