|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Pound, softened|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Cayenne pepper||1 1⁄4 Pinch (heavy pinch)|
1. In a bowl cream together cheese, butter, salt and cayenne pepper.
2. Add flour, mix into dough, form into a roll, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate to last for about a month.
3. When needed, slice into thin wafers and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet in a preheated 350° oven 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Press a pecan half or almond sliver lightly into each wafer and bake.
5. Serve the baked wafers alongside beverages, as snacks or as desired.
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg13.4%
Sodium 202.1 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet