|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Pound, softened|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Cayenne pepper||1 1⁄4 Pinch (heavy pinch)|
1. In a bowl cream together cheese, butter, salt and cayenne pepper.
2. Add flour, mix into dough, form into a roll, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate to last for about a month.
3. When needed, slice into thin wafers and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet in a preheated 350° oven 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Press a pecan half or almond sliver lightly into each wafer and bake.
5. Serve the baked wafers alongside beverages, as snacks or as desired.