|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325F.
2) In a bowl, mix the flour and coconut.
3) Into a heavy saucepan, add in butter. As the butter melts, add in the brown sugar and corn syrup.
4) Let the mixture come to a boil.
5) Take the pan off the flame. Add in the flour and coconut mixture along with the vanilla.
6) Onto an ungreased cookie sheet, drop teaspoonfuls of the above at 3 inches apart.
7) Bake for about 10 minutes.
8) Let the cookies cool down for a bit. Transfer the cookies onto paper towels. In case the cookies have hardened, let them stay in the oven for a few minutes.
9) Dust the Lace Wafers with powdered sugar before serving.