|Sesame seed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs), sifted|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In the oven, toast sesame seed 15 minutes until golden brown.
3. In a bowl cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
4. Add remaining ingredients, mix well and chill.
5. Shape into small balls and place on ungreased baking sheet 2 to 3 inches apart.
6. Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Cool slightly before removing from pan.
8. Preserve the Sesame Wafers in airtight containers and serve as snacks.
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.9 mg27%
Sodium 87.7 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.9% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet