Sugared Vanilla Wafers
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||To Taste (For Sprinkling)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet lightly with oil or fat.
3. In a bowl cream butter and the 1 1/2 cups sugar thoroughly and beat well adding eggs and vanilla.
4. In another bowl sift together flour and baking powder and add to creamed mixture.
5. Stir in milk and chill several hours.
6. Lightly flour a board and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
7. Roll out chilled dough very thin and cut with cookie cutters.
8. Place on lightiy greased baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon sugar.
9. Bake in the oven 6 to 8 minutes.
10. Serve Sugared Vanilla Wafers as snacks or mix into desserts or other foods and serve.