Sugared Vanilla Wafers
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||To Taste (For Sprinkling)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet lightly with oil or fat.
3. In a bowl cream butter and the 1 1/2 cups sugar thoroughly and beat well adding eggs and vanilla.
4. In another bowl sift together flour and baking powder and add to creamed mixture.
5. Stir in milk and chill several hours.
6. Lightly flour a board and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
7. Roll out chilled dough very thin and cut with cookie cutters.
8. Place on lightiy greased baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon sugar.
9. Bake in the oven 6 to 8 minutes.
10. Serve Sugared Vanilla Wafers as snacks or mix into desserts or other foods and serve.
Calories 1088 Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.8%
Saturated Fat 30 g149.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.4 mg75.8%
Sodium 243.7 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 76.5 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 23.5% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet