|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Strong coffee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Preheat the oven at 375°F.
3) In a bowl, combine the shortening and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
4) Mix together the vinegar, coffee, and molasses.
5) Combine and sift the flour, soda, salt, cloves, and ginger.
6) Add into the sugar mix, alternating with the molasses mix. Mix well after each addition.
8) Lightly flour a board.
9) Taking a small amount of dough at a time, roll to 1/8 inch.
10) Cut into desired shapes.
11) Arrange on the baking sheet.
12) Place in the oven at 375°F and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
13) Top with chocolate sauce and serve.