|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Strong coffee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Preheat the oven at 375°F.
3) In a bowl, combine the shortening and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
4) Mix together the vinegar, coffee, and molasses.
5) Combine and sift the flour, soda, salt, cloves, and ginger.
6) Add into the sugar mix, alternating with the molasses mix. Mix well after each addition.
8) Lightly flour a board.
9) Taking a small amount of dough at a time, roll to 1/8 inch.
10) Cut into desired shapes.
11) Arrange on the baking sheet.
12) Place in the oven at 375°F and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
13) Top with chocolate sauce and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2917 Calories from Fat 1380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240.4%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g194.1%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1212.6 mg50.5%
Total Carbohydrates 356 g118.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.4%
Sugars 147.4 g
Protein 27 g53.9%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 87.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet