Lemon Butter Wafers
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Glace cherries||4 , cut into small 6 pieces|
1. Use non-sticking baking sheets brushed with oil as these cookies may be tricky to remove after baking.
2. Beat the butter until very soft and creamy, then gradually beat in sugar until fluffy.
3. Beat in egg thoroughly, with vanilla and rind.
4. Sift in the flour gradually, and stir in until blended.
5. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture onto the prepared sheets, well apart, and spread mixture into thin rounds with the back of a teaspoon dipped in ice water.
6. Wash and dry cherry pieces if needed, and place one piece in center of each wafer.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 375°F until edges of wafers are golden-brown.
8. Remove cookies quickly from sheets before they cool.