|Sifted flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut/Chopped walnut meats||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F before baking.
2) Sift together dry ingredients except sugar.
3) Mix together shortening and vanilla extract.
4) Slowly cream in sugar until light and fluffy.
5) Beat in 2 eggs, 1 at a time.
6) Slowly blend in flour mixture and milk, mixing well after each addition and then chill in fresh-food compartment until firm.
7) On a lightly floured board, even out the dough into 1/8-inch thick.
8) On a greased baking sheet, place the cookies after slicing the dough with a fancy cookie cutter.
9) Whip remaining egg and apply on cookies.
10)bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven.
11) Serve with coffee.