|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 , finely grated|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||2 Large, lightly beaten (At Room Temperature)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Line 2 baking sheets with waxed or parchment paper.
3) In an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and salt, until fluffy.
4) Beat in the lemon zest, juice and extract. Gradually beat in the egg whites until blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for a few more seconds.
5) In the bowl, sift the flour and cornstarch and combine with the egg mixture.
6) Spoon the dough into a pastry tube fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip. Pipe dollops of the dough about 1 1/4 inches in diameter, 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheets and lightly sprinkle with sugar.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the cookies have about a 1/4-inch golden brown ring around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets.
8) Store in an airtight container and serve when desired.