Butter Nut Wafers
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sifted all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries/Thinly sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Add nuts and mix thoroughly.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet.
5. Decorate tops with cherry halves or almonds, if desired.
6. Bake about 5 minutes.
7. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling racks.