Brown Edge Lemon Wafers
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto waxed paper.
2. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tea spoon grated lemon rind in a cup; reserve.
3. Cream shortening and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy in a medium-size bowl; beat in egg and 1 teaspoon lemon rind.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with water and lemon juice, blending well after each addition; stir in vanilla.
5. Drop by spoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased cookie sheets; sprinkle tops lightly with lemon-sugar mixture.
6. Bake in moderate oven (315°) 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes; remove to wire racks with spatula; cool completely.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2885 Calories from Fat 971
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.1%
Saturated Fat 27.5 g137.7%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1838.5 mg76.6%
Total Carbohydrates 450 g150%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.2%
Sugars 252.8 g
Protein 32 g64.9%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 57.5%
Calcium 81.6% Iron 76.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet