|Soft butter/Margarine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat 1 cup butter with cream and flour until creamy; refrigerate 4 hours, or until firm enough to roll out.
2. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
3. On floured, cloth-covered surface, roll out one third of dough at a time (keep rest refrigerated) to 1/8 inch thickness. With floured 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut into rounds; transfer rounds to wax paper, covered with granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. With fork, prick each round about 4 times.
4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes; then remove at once to wire racks; cool.
5. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar gradually into 1/4 cup butter until fluffy; beat in egg yolk and vanilla until smooth; refrigerate this filling.
6. To serve, put wafers together in pairs with filling between. Makes about 40.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3701 Calories from Fat 2339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 266 g409.5%
Saturated Fat 166 g830%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 904.8 mg301.6%
Sodium 74.3 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 299 g99.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 103.6 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 169.7% Vitamin C 0.8%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 67.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet