Quick Lace Wafers
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or oil lightly.
3. In a small saucepan, combine shortening, corn syrup and sugar. Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture starts to boil.
4. Remove from heat and stir in flour and nuts. Drop mixture by the tablespoon at least 3 inches (7 cm) apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake in oven for 5 to 6 minutes, or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for only 30 seconds. With metal spatula, remove carefully to wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1489 Calories from Fat 731
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.9%
Saturated Fat 16 g79.8%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 129.8 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.4%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 89.8 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet