|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (light)|
1. Sift flour, ginger, soda, cinnamon and salt onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine with the 1 cup sugar until fluffy in medium size bowl with electric mixer at high speed; beat in egg and molasses.
3. Stir in flour mixture, a third at a time, until well blended.
4. Roll dough, a teaspoonful at a time, into small balls between palms; roll each in sugar to coat well. Place on cookie sheets.
5. pake in moderate oven (350°) 13 minutes, or until tops are crackled. Remove to wire racks; cool.