|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Blend flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
2. Cream butter with vanilla extract. Add brown sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
3. Mixing until well blended after each addition, add dry ingredients in thirds to creamed mixture. Stir in coconut.
4. Chill dough in refrigerator until easy to handle, then shape into 2 rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap each roll in waxed paper, aluminum foil, or plastic wrap. Chill several hours or overnight.
5. Remove rolls of dough from refrigerator as needed. Cut each roll into 1/8-inch slices. Place slices about 1 1/2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake at 400°F 5 to 8 minutes. Cool cookies on wire racks.