Any Bean Vinaigrette
|Flageolets/Great northern beans, / any white bean||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take a saucepan, add beans and pour water and soak them overnight. Or soak them quickly and drain.
2. Add beans into the saucepan with water and stir in basil leaves, ground thyme, pepper and bouquet garni and cook until the beans turn soft. Stir in salt when bean almost softens.
3. Drain the mixture thoroughly and chill it for several hours.
4. Stir in other ingredients at least half an hour before serving. Save some parsley to spoon over salad and continue refrigerating until serving time.
5. Serve the bean vinaigrette with cooked vegetables or serve it as an appetizer.