Roasted Vegetables With Vinaigrette
|Zucchini||1 Pound, cut into 2 inch chunks (4 medium size)|
|Yellow summer squash||1 Pound, cut into 2 inch chunks (4 medium size)|
|Red bell peppers||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 2 inch pieces (3 large size)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 500°.
2) In a large bowl, add zucchini, summer squash and red peppers.
3) Pour over 1/4 cup olive oil to toss well.
4) In a large rimmed baking sheet or jelly-roll pan, spread all vegetables in a single layer.
5) Place the pan on the upper rack of the oven and roast for about 15 minutes until crisp-tender and some of the edges begin to char.
6) Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup olive oil with the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, lemon zest, salt and black pepper until well blended.
7) In a shallow serving dish or on individual plates, place the vegetables. Spread the vinaigrette over the vegetables while still hot. Serve at room temperature.