Mussels in Vegetable Vinaigrette
|Chopped scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sun dried tomato halves||4 (not packed in oil)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Mussels||1 Dozen, scrubbed|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Combine together the scallions, tomatoes, bell peppers and oil in a 9-inch microwavable pie plate.
2) Stir well to coat the ingredients thoroughly and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 ½ minutes, till the contents have softened.
3) Around the edge of the pie plate, arrange the mussels. Keep the hinged side of each mussel towards the plate-€™s edge. Between each mussel, keep a space.
4) With vented plastic wrap, cover the plate and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
5) Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
6) Cover with the wrap once again and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
7) Allow the preparation to stand for about 1 minute.
8) Serve the preparation while it is still hot. Makes a good main dish.