|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a small, non-metallic bowl or in a jar with screw on lid, combine olive all with seasonings, herbs and garlic. Stir well.
2. Let stand for 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
3. Add the vinegar and stir or shake until well amalgamated.
4. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before using so that the flavors seep into the oil, vinegar.
5. Use this vinaigrette to dress greens or other Italian style salads.