1. In a bowl combine vinegar along with salt and pepper. Mix so the salt dissolves in the vinegar.
2. Add Dijon mustard and mix well, add extra virgin olive oil and mix thoroughly.
3. Check for seasoning; if it is too sharp add a bit more olive oil.
4. Finally add finely chopped fresh herbs.
5. Serve the dressing with your fresh salad.
You can always experiment with other vinegars and oils, but the thumb rule is the same; 1 part vinegar, 1 part mustard to 4 parts oil.
Think vinaigrette dressing is too fancy to be made at home? Then watch this video and change the way you think forever! The chef details a simple recipe to make the popular French dressing that adds a delicious touch to almost everything!