Fresh Artichokes Vinaigrette
|Globe artichokes||4 Large|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pickling spices||1 Tablespoon (Whole)|
|Vinaigrette dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash artichokes carefully and drain. Slice off 1/3 of upper tip of each artichoke with a sharp knife. With a kitchen shears trim off the thorny ends of the leaves. The stems should be cut off even with the base of the artichoke.
2. Combine water, vinegar and pickling spices in a deep 3-quart non-metallic casserole.
3. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 (4) minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Place artichokes upright in casserole.
5. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 12 to 15 (15 1/2 to 20) minutes, turning casserole after each 3 (4) minutes of cooking time.
6 Cook until bases are tender when pierced with a fork and lower leaves pull away easily.
7. While artichokes are cooking , prepare Vinaigrette Dressing.
8. Dip leaves into Vinaigrette Dressing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1657 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 38.2 g152.9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 136.2%
Calcium 38.6% Iron 52%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet