Fresh Artichokes Vinaigrette
|Globe artichokes||4 Large|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pickling spices||1 Tablespoon (Whole)|
|Vinaigrette dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash artichokes carefully and drain. Slice off 1/3 of upper tip of each artichoke with a sharp knife. With a kitchen shears trim off the thorny ends of the leaves. The stems should be cut off even with the base of the artichoke.
2. Combine water, vinegar and pickling spices in a deep 3-quart non-metallic casserole.
3. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 (4) minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Place artichokes upright in casserole.
5. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 12 to 15 (15 1/2 to 20) minutes, turning casserole after each 3 (4) minutes of cooking time.
6 Cook until bases are tender when pierced with a fork and lower leaves pull away easily.
7. While artichokes are cooking , prepare Vinaigrette Dressing.
8. Dip leaves into Vinaigrette Dressing.