|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Carrots||4 Large, scraped and sliced|
|Leeks||2 Large, sliced|
|Ham bone/Bacon bones||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raw carrot||2 , freshly grated (Or As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, carrots, leeks, ham or bacon bones and chicken stock together.
2) Cover the pan, bring slowly to a boil and simmer until the vegetables are very soft.
3) Remove the bones, press the soup through a sieve or puree in a blender.
4) Return the soup into the saucepan, stir in the sugar, pepper and salt to taste.
5) Stir in the cream and heat thoroughly.
6) Garnish the Carrot Vichyssoise with freshly grated carrot and serve hot.