|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, sliced|
|Instant mashed potatoes/Potatoes - 1 2/3 cups, boiled, hot mashed||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Serve Hot)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Half and half/Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a blender jar with puree blades, put together chicken bouillon, water, salt, celery salt and onion; process for 15 seconds until onion is finely chopped.
2. Add potatoes and 1 cup milk; process for another 15 seconds until smooth.
3. Frequently stop motor and using a rubber spatula, push ingredients into the blade for better blending.
4. Stir in remaining milk and cream or half and half.
5. Refrigerate soup until chill.
6. Ladle soup in bowls and garnish each serving with sour cream and chives, if desired.
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.7 mg11.2%
Sodium 1294 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 0.61%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet