|Potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bon appetit||1 Teaspoon|
1) Rinse the potatoes, peel and slice them.
2) To the potatoes, add the water and seasoned stock base.
3) Bring the contents to a boil and cook till the potatoes are very soft.
4) Through a fine sieve, force the potatoes or puree them in a blender. Include the liquid.
5) Combine the potatoes with all the remaining ingredients, except for the chives.
6) Heat the mixture for 10 minutes. Ensure that the contents do not boil.
7) Chill the mixture.
8) Serve the Vichyssoise in individual bowls placed in crushed ice. Use chives to garnish each serving. Makes a good appetizer. Can also be served as a snack.