|Potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bon appetit||1 Teaspoon|
1) Rinse the potatoes, peel and slice them.
2) To the potatoes, add the water and seasoned stock base.
3) Bring the contents to a boil and cook till the potatoes are very soft.
4) Through a fine sieve, force the potatoes or puree them in a blender. Include the liquid.
5) Combine the potatoes with all the remaining ingredients, except for the chives.
6) Heat the mixture for 10 minutes. Ensure that the contents do not boil.
7) Chill the mixture.
8) Serve the Vichyssoise in individual bowls placed in crushed ice. Use chives to garnish each serving. Makes a good appetizer. Can also be served as a snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1618 Calories from Fat 979
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g171.5%
Saturated Fat 69.7 g348.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 363.2 mg121.1%
Sodium 3532.4 mg147.2%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.4%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.3%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 21 g41.9%
Vitamin A 75.8% Vitamin C 245.6%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet