Vichyssoise With Yogurt
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and diced|
|Leeks||12 Ounce, trimmed, washed and finely shredded|
|Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (hot)|
|Sea salt||To Taste (As desired)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground (As desired)|
|Natural yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, freshly chopped|
1) In a very large oven-safe bowl, place the onion and oil.
2) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft. Do not brown.
3) To this, add the potatoes and leeks.
4) Cook covered for 5 minutes, on high power.
5) To this, add half of the stock. Mix gently.
6) On high power, cook covered for 15 minutes, until the vegetables turn tender. Stir in between.
7) In a blender, puree the soup.
8) To the bowl, return the soup and then add the remaining stock.
9) With salt and pepper, season to taste.
10) Let the soup chill in the refrigerator.
11) Before serving, stir in the yogurt and serve immediately, garnished with parsley.