Cold Yogurt Vichyssoise
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled and sliced|
|White of leek/Yellow onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Chicken broth||1 Quart|
|Plain yogurt||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. In a soup pot, combine the vegetables and the broth.
2. Place pan on a medium low flame and simmer the vegetables for about 45 minutes until very tender.
3. Let cool slightly.
4. In a food processor or liquidizer jar, turn the vegetables and the broth.
5. Blend to puree.
6. Add the yogurt and seasoning to the vegetable puree.
7. Pulse 2 to 3 times, in short bursts, until well blended.
8. Tip the liquid into a bowl.
9. Chill thoroughly or at least for 1 hour before serving.
10. Ladle into soup bowls.
11. Garnish with snipped chives and serve as a cold appetizer, accompanied by crusty bread.