|Leeks||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Potatoes||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||2 Pint (Generous 1 Liter)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. Chop 1 inch from the top white end of leeks and slice away the roots.
2. Cut it lengthwise through the centre and then wash thoroughly in cold water.
3. Finely shred the leeks.
4. Peel onion and chop.
5. Peel potato and dice.
6. In a large saucepan, melt butter and stir in the prepared vegetables; cover and fry gently for about 10 minutes until the vegetables soften.
7. Stir frequently so that the vegetables do not brown.
8. Add the potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Stir in the hot stock and add seasoning.
10. Bring the mixture to boil and then simmer gently for 30-40 minutes.
11. Remove the pan from heat.
12. In an electric blender, puree the vegetables and liquid or pass through a sieve or Mouli.
13. Let the soup cool down.
14. Stir in the cream and check seasoning; adjust seasoning to taste.
15. Cover and chill thoroughly in a refrigerator.
16. Just before serving, stir in the parsley.
17. Serve chilled.