|White of leek||4|
|Chicken consomme||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash the leeks and the onions and chop finely
2. In a large skillet, tip in the butter and add the leeks and the onions to brown very lightly in butter.
3. Add potatoes, consommé and salt and cook, covered, for 35 minutes.
4. Push this mixture through a sieve, discard the solids and return the mixture to the pan on the heat
5. Add the milk and heat but do not boil for five minutes. Set aside to cool.
6. Add the cream and chill thoroughly before serving.
7. Top with finely chopped chives and serve cold.