Sherry Enhanced Vichyssoise Soup
|Leeks||3 Medium, white part sliced|
|Chicken broth||375 Milliliter|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, baked|
|Heavy cream||250 Milliliter|
1. With a knife, peel and dice potatoes. Keep aside.
2. In a 2–litre microwaveable casserole, mix butter and leeks.
3. In the microwave, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes at High.
4. Blend in the broth, salt and pepper.
5. In the microwave, cover again and cook for 3-5 minutes at High, and then another 6 minutes at Medium.
6. In an electric mixer, blender or food processor, puree the diced potatoes, the broth mixture and milk together.
7. Pour the mixture back into the casserole.
8. In the microwave, cover again and cook for 3-4 minutes at Medium.
9. Add the cream and sherry and stir them in.
10. Chill the soup thoroughly.
11. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 549.7 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 71.6% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 24% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet