Creamy Vichyssoise Soup
|Leeks||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, diced (750 Gram)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Single cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, chilled (150 Milliliter)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh chives||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (To Garnish)|
1. Prepare the leeks by cutting the green tops and discarding their green tops.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and fry the leeks and onions over medium low heat with constant stirring for 5 minute such that soft.
3. Add the stock, potatoes, nutmeg and seasoning as per taste and bring it to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and let it simmer with partial covering for about 25 minutes.
5. Then add milk and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes more.
6. For making the puree in a food processor puree the soup in batches and collect in a bowl by passing through a sieve.
7. Add single cream to the soup, cover and refrigerate for about 3 to 5 hours.
8. Serve after garnish of chives.