|Diet margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions/2 large onions, chopped (2 cups)||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/4 teaspoons instant chicken broth||8 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Boiling water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Skim milk||3 1⁄3 Cup (53.33 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water for about 30 minutes until very tender.
2. Drain thoroughly and when cool enough to handle, peel.
3. Add to a bowl and mash with a potato masher or back of a large spoon. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan, melt margarine
5. Add leeks or onion and sauté them on low heat till very tender but not browned about 10 minutes.
6. Add the hot water to the pan then empty the chicken broth envelopes and stir constantly until dissolved.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes
8. Stir skim milk and mashed potatoes into the broth, taste and season with salt and pepper according to preference.
9. Simmer until piping hot then take off heat and let cool.
10. Add soup to a liquidizer or blender, in batches, and process until smooth.
11. Empty into a large bowl
12. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or preferably overnight to chill and blend flavors.
13. Serve the soup cold in soup bowls.
14. Garnish with chopped chives.
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.9 mg0.6%
Sodium 608.3 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet