|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Leeks||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Chicken bouillon/Consomme||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk/Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a pan and melt the butter in it.
2) Add the green and white portions of the leek along with the onions.
3) Cover the pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over very low heat.
4) Take care to see that the vegetables do not brown but are merely wilted.
5) Add the potatoes along with the bouillon or consommé.
6) Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the potatoes become soft.
7) Force it through a fine sieve or food mill mashing the ingredients.
8) Add some milk or cream to it, stirring quickly as it heats up.
9) Pour it into soup bowls and keep it refrigerated.
10) Serve chilled after garnishing it with chives.
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.9 mg14%
Sodium 483.5 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 58.8%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet