Consomme Flavored Vichyssoise Soup
|Leeks||4 (White Part Only)|
|Potatoes||5 Medium, finley sliced|
|Chicken consomme||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Finely chop leeks and onions
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter.
3. Saute the onion and leeks until soft.
4. Add potatoes, consomme and salt stir well.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce flame, cover the pan and simmer for 35 minutes until potatoes are tender.
7. Turn contents of the pan into a liquidizer and blend into a smooth puree.
8. Pour the puree back into the saucepan.
9. Return on a medium flame.
10. Stir in milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Check for seasoning.
12. Take pan off the flame and cool to room temperature.
13. When completely cooled, blend in the cream.
14. Place pan in the refrigerator and chill soup.
15. Ladle the chilled soup into deep dish soup plates.
16. Garnish with finely chopped chives.
17. Serve chilled soup with crusty bread.