|Boned loin of venison/Top round of venison||10 Pound|
|Red burgundy wine||1 Quart|
|Sliced spanish onion||1|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Or 1 Soupspoon)|
|Crushed garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Meat bones||1⁄4 Pound|
|Whole black pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currant jelly||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large crock pot, add the olive oil and wine
2. Add the meat with sliced carrot, onion, celery, garlic, cloves and seasonings and stir well.
3. Cover pot with cheesecloth and let marinate for 10 days to 2 weeks in a cool dry place.
4. Drain meat into a large pan stand for 24 hours before cooking.
5. Reserve the liquid.
6. Slice the marinated meat into 12 steaks
7. In a large skillet, combine the carrot, onion, garlic, bones, thyme, celery, parsley and pepper.
8. Brown well on the stove or in a moderate oven.
9. Pour enough water to cover and simmer for 5-6 hours to make a brown stock.
10. Strain the stock and combine with reserved liquid from the crock pot.
11. Simmer until reduced to a thick sauce.
12. Stir in the currant jelly until melted and well blended.
13. Taste and season according to taste.
14. Keep sauce warm over a double boiler.
15. In a large casserole, sear the marinated meat on both sides till well browned.
16. Remove steaks to a platter.
17. Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve.
If the sauce has a very sharp taste, add a few lumps of sweet butter and blend in with the currant jelly.
Calories 732 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 322.5 mg107.5%
Sodium 1290.5 mg53.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 89 g178.4%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet