Japanese Sweet Potato
|Sweet potatoes||1 Pound (2 pieces, 500 gram)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Ounce (20 gram)|
|Cream||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Vanilla extract||3 Drop (adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Egg yolk||1 (for Gloss Finish)|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wrap the pre washed sweet potato in the wet paper towel.
2. Wrap the sweet potato tightly in plastic wrap.
3. Wrap it tightly in double layer of plastic bag.
4. Heat the potatoes in microwave for 5 minutes.
5. Turn them over to heat uniformly.
6. Heat the potato for 5-6 more minutes.
7. Prick a bamboo skewer inside to check if the potato is soft enough.
8. Remove the plastic wrap and paper towel.
9. Cut the potato in half.
10. While the potato is still hot, scoop out the flesh of the potato with a spoon. Be careful not to break the skin of the potato.
11. Measure the weight of the sweet potato by weight.
12. Transfer the sweet potato into a heavy sauce pan.
13. Add sugar and mash the sweet potato with a potato masher.
14. Add butter and mix it well.
15. Add dairy cream and mix it well.
16. Crack an egg in a bowl.
17. Add the egg yolk into the potato mixture and mix it well.
18. Finally add the rum and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
19. Place the saucepan on a stove and heat it on low heat.
20. Mix lightly until the potato mixture comes off the bottom of the pan.
21. Quickly transfer the mixture to a plate.
22. Stuff the mixture back into the skin of the sweet potato.
23. Use a plastic wrap to shape the sweet potato with your hands.
24. Break an egg into a bowl. Separate the egg yolk from the white and add water to the egg yolk. Mix is well.
25. Coat the top of the sweet potato with the egg yolk paint.
26. Sprinkle black sesame seed on top of the sweet potatoes.
27. Shape up a sheet of aluminum sheet in pear shape and place on a baking tray.
28. Set the baking sheet in oven and pre-heat to 400 degrees.
29. Place the sweet potato on each supporting base.
30. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
31. Take it out of the oven and make sure not to bake for a long time or the moisture will be lost.
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105 mg35%
Sodium 94.5 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 327.1% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet