Sauteed Kidneys With Vegetable Julienne
|Lamb kidneys||12 , skinned halved and cored|
|Seasoned flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||3 Medium, peeled and cut into julienne strips|
|Leeks||2 , cleaned and cut into julienne strips|
|Button mushrooms||100 Gram, thinly sliced (4 Ounce)|
|Beef stock||150 Milliliter (0.25 Pint)|
|Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
1. Dust the lambs' kidneys lightly with seasoned flour.
2. Fry the onion gently in the oil for 3-4 minutes; add the kidneys and fry until sealed on all sides.
3. Add the strips of carrot and leek and the sliced mushrooms and fry together for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the stock and sherry and bring to the boil; add salt and pepper to taste, and simmer gently until the kidneys are just tender (12-15 minutes). Take care not to overcook, as they quickly go rubbery.
5. Serve, garnished with strips of carrot and leek.