Mother's Day Brunch
|Extra firm tofu/Eggs - for a non-vegan dish||1 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh spinach||9 Ounce|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Yellow onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||1 , grated|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Apples||1 , diced|
|Bananas||1 , sliced|
|Strawberries||4 , sliced|
|Cantaloupe pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fruit||1 (Any Other Of Choice)|
|Low fat vanilla yogurt/Soy yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Agave syrup/Honey||3 Tablespoon|
|Pecan nuts/Any nut of choice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grapefruit juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grapefruit wedges||6 (For Garnish)|
Need a good recipe for mother’s day. This recipe for a mushroom and spinach frittata and a pecan nuts and fruit salad will dish up a delightful mother’s day brunch for you.
Directions for preparation:
• Preheat the oven to 375-400 degrees.
• Crumble the tofu in a mixing bowl thoroughly and avoid leaving in lumps.
• Add a tbsp of soy sauce and some dry herbs (thyme, oregano or any herb of preference) and mix it well. Let it sit and keep it aside.
• Heat some oil is a sauté pan. Add the garlic to it and put the onions in to sauté.
• Add half of the fresh spinach in the pan and let it cook. Keep adding more as it cooks. Put the lid on and let it cook for some time.
• Add the mushrooms to it and stir it in. add the carrots and stir them in as well.
• Cook them together on low heat till they begin to brown.
• Take the vegetables from the pan and mix them in with the tofu. Sir it in really well and add some celery salt to it.
• Take an 8-9 inch pan and heat some oil in it.
• Put the vegetable and tofu mix in the pan and put in the oven to cook till it is browned a little on the surface.
• Serve hot
Directions for preparing the fruit salad and orange juice:
• Mix all the sliced fruits together in a large bowl.
• Take another bowl and put some yogurt in it. Combine it with some vanilla extract and nutmeg.
• Pour in the agave syrup and mix it well, till it blends in well together to make the salad dressing.
• Pour the dressing over the fruit salad in the bowl and mix it all together gently, so that each fruit slice is well coated. Chill for and hour before serving.
• Pour the freshly squeezed in a glass and serve it with a wedge of grapefruit on the rim.