Sugar Snap Peas in a Coconut Crème Mint Sauce
|Extra firm tofu||8 Ounce, cubed|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Liquid hickory smoke||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed|
|Sugar snap peas||2 Cup (32 tbs) (strings removed)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Shallots||1 Small, chop|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut oil/Grapeseed oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Millet||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Optional)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Optional)|
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Pat dry the tofu and cut the tofu into cubes, remove the strings from the snap peas, and mince the garlic.
2. Chop the shallots and fresh mint leaves and rinse the frozen peas, set everything aside in separate bowls.
3. In a small bowl combine the soya sauce and liquid hickory smoke, set aside.
4. In an electric skillet pour the peanut oil preheat the oil, over medium high heat.
5. Add the tofu cubes, shallots, sauté everything for 2-3 minutes or until the shallots become translucent.
6. Add the soya sauce mixture and stir well and coat the tofu, add the garlic, snap peas, green peas, salt and pepper and sauté everything for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the coconut milk and the mint continue to sauté for a minute or until the snap peas are crisp-tender.
8. Remove from heat and turn off the heat.
9. Serve the sugar snap peas on a bed of millet and quinoa.
Make the millet and quinoa in boiling water until its cooked and fluffy in texture like couscous.
Calories 1363 Calories from Fat 389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 18 g90.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1052 mg43.8%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65.2%
Dietary Fiber 28 g111.8%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 49 g98.8%
Vitamin A 113.1% Vitamin C 195.1%
Calcium 38.8% Iron 88.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet