Quick Vietnamese Pho
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium (or as required)|
|Ginger||50 Gram (or as required)|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Medium|
|Star anise||2 Medium|
|Red chili||1⁄2 Medium|
|Beef stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Beef fillet||5 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Thai basil||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
|Bean sprout||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon (or to taste, for garnish)|
|Lemon||1 Medium (or to taste, for garnish)|
|Rice noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Chop half an onion into thin slices.
2) Halve the red chili, chop half the red chili for garnish.
3) In a saucepan, add the beef stock along with the onions, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and half red chili.
4) Bring to a boil and then simmer over a low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes.
5) Then remove the ginger, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and red chili from the saucepan.
6) In another pan, cook the rice noodles as the per package directions.
7) Spoon the noodles into the serving bowls and top with a layer of beef fillets.
8) Pour the boiling soup over the beef fillets.
9) Garnish with fresh basil leaves, bean sprouts and red chili. Drizzle over the fish sauce and lemon juice before serving.