I just love Wilted Greens! Beautiful kale, spinach, and radicchio are wilted down, some onions and Spanish black radishes are sautéed, then it’s all topped with crispy bacon and crunchy almonds. A perfect side dish!
Olive oil/Garlic infused olive oil
1 (diced or chopped)
Radish/Black spanish radish
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (peeled and grated)
Spinach/Swiss chard, collard greens, beet greens
3 Cup (48 tbs) (rougly chopped or torn)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (chopped)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (roughly chopped, for topping)
1. Place bacon in cold pan, cook until crispy.
2. Remove with slotted spoon and set on a paper towel to drain.
1. Either discard bacon grease from pan and add 2 T olive oil, or leave about 1 T bacon grease and add 1 T olive oil.
2. Heat oil and add onion and radish. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until softened, over medium heat.
3. Remove stems from greens, wash well, and dry.
4. Add vinegar, maple syrup, dijon, and seasonings to the onion pan. Stir, then add all the radicchio and some of the greens, wilting down and tossing, then adding more greens and repeating until they are all gone.
5. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
6. Once all greens are wilted, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
1. Serve topped with bacon and almonds.