We are sailing in a some vegetable fun with veggie boats for the Thanksgiving table.
2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped
Red bell pepper
2 Tablespoon, finely chopped
Light olive oil
4 Tablespoon, divided
1 Small, crush
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil and crushed garlic. Mix and set it aside.
3. Remove the edge and cut zucchini lengthwise into half.
4. Then, cut each pieces into half.
5. Remove the seeds to create a hollow in the middle and to make it look like boat.
6. Baste zucchini boats with olive oil and garlic mixture.
7. Sprinkle sea salt lightly on them.
8. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and place boats on it.
9. Follow package direction and cook corn. Set aside.
10. Wash and remove seeds from red bell pepper. Dice them into small pieces.
11. Place zucchini boats in oven, and bake for about 20 minutes.
12. Meanwhile, place a skillet on flame, and pour oil in it.
13. Add red pepper and onion. Saute until soft, but lightly crisp.
14. Drop spinach, stir and cook until softened.
15. In a large bowl, mix corn with sauteed vegetables.
16. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix well.
17. Fill the hollow center of zucchini boats with corn mixture.
18. Cut wooden skewer into half, and make sail using brown paper bag. Insert it on zucchini boats.
19. Serve veggie boats warm.
You can also use fresh corn instead of frozen ones. All you need to do is simply cook and remove the husk.
You can prepare corn mixture ahead of time, and heat it before serving, but zucchini boats need to be prepared just prior to serving time.