Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck shows how high-quality convenience ingredients (chopped greens, pancetta, and our awesome culinary stock) get this versatile dish off to a flying start. Great with roasted chicken and pork!
8 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut)
8 Clove (40 gm), chopped finely (Food You Feel Good About Peeled)
Crushed red pepper flakes
30 Ounce, divided (Food You Feel Good About Fresh Chopped)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Chicken Culinary Stock)
Cracked black pepper
1. Add olive oil and pancetta to a saute pan and heat on medium. Saute, stirring about 5 minutes, until pancetta is browned and crispy.
2. Add onions; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Add 1/2 bag escarole, pressing down to wilt. Add chicken stock. Add remaining escarole, a little at a time, pressing to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cook, stirring, 5-8 minutes, or until tender.
5. Serve the Escarole with Pancetta warm topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings if you like.