2. Add onions, peppers, salt, and pepper. Cook about 8 minutes over medium or medium-low heat.
3. Add eggplant, sinqua, thyme, and garlic powder. Cook covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato, cook covered for 5 minutes over medium heat. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes (or until the juice from the tomatoes has mostly boiled away), stirring often, over medium-high heat.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. Top with a drizzle of good olive oil and basil.
(Optional) We ate this dish with some leftover (reheated) Chicken and Crostini (topped with olive oil, tomato, and parmesan cheese).
I used the sinqua that has been in the Abundant Harvest Organics boxes lately for something so yummy. I’ll admit that I was a little hesitant to try this foreign to me veggie at first. But, when I read that you could use it kinda like you would zucchini, I wasn’t as scared. I have been wanting to make Ratatouille for ages, and was so excited when a few weeks ago almost all of the ingredients were in our weekly box of produce. All but the summer squash. I decided to give the sinqua a chance. Success! We loved it!