|Eggplant||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Diced, Peel left on)|
|Sinnqua/Chinese okra||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Peeled and Diced)|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Diced)|
|Onion||1 Medium (Diced)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon (or 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon (or 4 garlic cloves, diced)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Fresh basil||4 Tablespoon (Chopped, for topping)|
1. Heat skillet. Add 3T olive oil.
2. Add onions, peppers, salt, and pepper. Cook about 8 minutes over medium or medium-low heat.
3. Add eggplant, sinqua, thyme, and garlic powder. Cook covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato, cook covered for 5 minutes over medium heat. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes (or until the juice from the tomatoes has mostly boiled away), stirring often, over medium-high heat.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. Top with a drizzle of good olive oil and basil.
(Optional) We ate this dish with some leftover (reheated) Chicken and Crostini (topped with olive oil, tomato, and parmesan cheese).
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 252.2 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 33.2% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 6% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet