These baked sweet potatoes are a great addition to any meal. They are also elegant enough to serve as a side on festive occasions.
6 Medium, scrubbed
2 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed
1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on a pan and bake for 1 hour.
3. Remove from oven and allow cooling – until cool enough to handle.
4. Melt the butter and honey together.
5. Carefully cut each baked potato in half.
6. Into a bowl scoop out the flesh being careful not to tear the skins.
7. Add the orange juice, orange zest, chipotle, cinnamon and melted butter and honey. Mix well.
8. Refill the potato skins with the mashed potatoes.
9. Place them back in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
10. In a serving plate, serve this hot with any main dish.