Potassium Rich Broccoli Soup
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, chopped (fresh)|
|Soy protein powder||2 Tablespoon (flavorless)|
|Vegetable stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Broccoli||2⁄3 Pound, chopped|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (low fat natural)|
|Yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (low fat)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped (fresh)|
1) In a saucepan, heat the butter until melted.
2) Saute the onions in the melted butter for a few minutes.
3) Add the sumac, thyme and rosemary stir and saute for a few more minutes until the onions are softened.
4) Then stir in the soy protein powder and combine thoroughly with the onions.
5) Gradually stir in the vegetable stock, so that no lumps are formed.
6) Add the broccoli and tomato, bring to a boil, then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
7) Blend the mixture with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
8) Then remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the milk.
9) In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt and lime or lemon juice together, then stir into the soup.
10) Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
11) Return the soup to a gentle heat until heated.
12) Serve the hot broccoli soup in soup bowls.