Feed your baby healthy homemade baby food with this wholesome tasty baby food sweet potato and carrot puree recipe. After Baby is ready for more than cereal, vegetables are commonly the next solid food introduced. Sweet potatoes are a good choice because they have a soft consistency and can be easily strained and finely mashed. Orange and yellow vegetables like sweet potato and carrots are generally the easiest to digest. Plus the sweet taste means most babies will be excited to eat them. Sweet potatoes and carrots are also very nutritious as they are high in beta-carotene and also provide a good amount of vitamin C and vitamin B6.
3 Fluid Ounce, boiled
1. Peel the sweet potato and carrot. Wash them thoroughly and slice.
2. In a steamer pour 3 cups of water and place of medium high heat.
3. Place the sweet potato and carrot on the steamer rack. Steam for 20 minutes till very soft.
4. Remove the vegetables to a bowl for mashing. Let cool
5. Mash the potato and carrot, using a masher or a large spoon and fork.
6. Add 3 oz of boiled water or sterilized water to make it creamy and smooth in texture.
7. Allow the puree to cool down, put it in a sterilized jar or container and store in the refrigerator.
8. Make sure to bring baby food to appropriate temperature before you feed it to your baby.