1. In a large mixing bowl, blend the almond milk and egg substitute.
2. Add the flour, baking soda, spice, vanilla, canola oil and pecans and whisk gently but thoroughly.
3. Let the batter stand for about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. In the mean time, heat up a nonstick waffle iron.
5. Ladle the batter onto the waffle iron plate and spread well.
6. Bake until the light goes off or you hear the ding!
7. Continue to make more waffles with remaining batter.
8. Cut into quarters and serve warm for breakfast or even as dessert.
This waffle is breakfast made the right way! A breakfast that you can have anytime of the day because it is so healthy and well balanced. Made with a blend of whole wheat flour, sweet potato and egg substitute these waffles are almond milk-moist with a golden crust and heart healthy goodness. These waffles still beat pancakes. Pancakes are “tasty”, waffles are “oh-yeah”. Chef Bink shows you how to make the waffles while Dr. Derek ensures they are as healthy, low-fat and no-cholesterol as possible.
Heart-Healthy Sweet Potato And Pecan Waffle Recipe Video