1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil.
3. Rub some canola or vegetable oil over the sweet potatoes, poke them with a fork, and place it in the baking tray.
4. Bake the potatoes for 60 – 90 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes
5. Once the potatoes are done and tender, scoop out the flesh in a bowl, you need at least 2 cups of sweet potatoes mash.
6. In a large bowl combine the sweet potatoes along with eggs, the sugar, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, half n half, salt and vanilla extract to it and blend it with a hand blender.
7. Keep beating until you get a smooth consistency; scrap the sides with a spatula.
8. Once done, keep aside.
9. Roll the dough and cut 12 circles about 4 ½ inch circles.
10. In a greased muffin tin, put the circles in such a way that the dough touches the bottom.
11. Poke holes in the dough and bake them for 8 minutes.
12. Once done, fill the sweet potato mixture in it and bake for 30 minutes.
13. Serve the sweet potatoes tartlets after a hearty meal.
Do not scrape the mixture from the beater just discard and wash them.