In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Holiday Mashed Sweet Potatoes. This is a dish that would be great for an Easter (or other holiday) table.
3 Medium, cut into ¾-inch cubes or wedges (red sweet potato)
4 Tablespoon, melted
Fresh ground black pepper
To Taste (Optional)
Light brown sugar
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a medium-sized pot, combine melted butter, milk, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
2. Add cubed red sweet potatoes and place the pot on low to medium flame. Stir and bring it to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with lid and cook for about 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Remove the pot from the oven and transfer it to a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth.
5. For topping, in a bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
6. Serve mashed potato hot with brown sugar topping or seasoned with black pepper.
If you want to surprise your family by cooking some best of the foods this holiday season, make sure you include sweet mashed potatoes with topping in your list. Flavorful and delicious, these potatoes taste awesome and are prepared in just a few minutes. Watch the video for more...
Betty's Holiday Mashed Sweet Potatoes--Easter ☼ Recipe Video